
So things have been a little crazy lately in the Barrus home.
1. Scott has turned into an escape artist extraordinaire, and will take any opportunity he can to flee down the street. Often we notice he has left and track him down, but a couple times now a neighbor has corralled him for us and brought home with looks of "We're calling CPS if this happens again" in their eyes. We're looking into options for securing the front door.
2. I got a second job working for Unisys, a tech support outsource company, doing Windows support for the City of Minneapolis and Standard Parking (a nationwide parking garage company). It's been pretty good, though being back in the cube farm and having to report on every second of my day has been fairly soul-sucking. But then...
3. I got a job offer at the Apple store in Salt Lake, to do tech support with them (the position title is Genius, but I hate using that term). It pays well (more than I've ever made before) and has amazing benefits. I got the job mostly due to a referral from my friend Jimmy, who works there. Jimmy has also informed me that I should be able to finagle this Genius job into a tech writing position in a couple years, which would be amazing. I feel very blessed at how things are going, career-wise. All that hard work of sending hundreds of resumes out paid off in the end. And even if I don't stick with Apple, my resume will show I've done support for Windows, Netware and Apple operating systems, which is pretty nice.
While I like Apple's products (I've purchased six or seven different portable devices from them over the years), I am far from a fanboy. In fact, all irrational love Apple gets from its rabid supporters has annoyed me greatly, so I hope I don't turn into one of them in the near future. I'll remain vigilant.
That's about it. Mandi's been doing tons of craft projects and started a fashion blog for nursing mothers I think is pretty neat. I've started playing soccer on Saturday mornings, in an attempt to remain somewhat in shape as I near 30, and it's been pretty fun.
Caleb's thiiiis close to walking; I need to post some video of him cruising around on the fire truck Steven got for Scott back in the day. It's pretty cute.




1 comment:
Glad I checked your blog today I was wondering about the job. Glad things are getting better and better career wise, that's great news.
Post a Comment