Tautphas Park Zoo had a "Free adult admission if you're pushing a baby in a stroller" day, so Scott and I went. I was really impressed. The last time I was at this zoo (about 8 years ago), I remember them only having a penguin cage and a peacock or two. It was really lame. But they've REALLY expanded. I was quite impressed.
Pelicans; aren't they pretty?
Bears; they have two.
HUGE tortoises. The small ones were the size of a dinner placemat. Imagine how big that makes the biggest one. :)
The camel just had a baby, but it wasn't out at the time.
Huge emu. The only thing between us and it was that pile of sticks.
The lion woke from his nap at the perfect time for me to snap his picture. Serendipity!
Zebra. I think they had 4.
Tiger. Scott got lots of "rawring" in at this point.
They have a tiger statue for the kids to play on.
Yeah, I don't think this kangaroo was supposed to be this close to us. I didn't know it was there. I turned around and saw that there were only those metal cords separating us. It was a little disconcerting, heh heh.
But they do let the peacocks roam around wherever they desire.
They have a fun petting zoo.
Scott liked the goats.
Here's another bird place, covered, so they can't fly away, but they let these guys roam around throughout the exhibit, also.
That's a quail staring Scott down.
Scott LOVED the lemurs and monkeys. Obviously. And they were all named "George".
All in all, I enjoyed it, and Scott had a great time.




2 comments:
How fun! Zoos are great especially with kids. How are Scott's animal sounds? We're still working with Jack on branching out from the roaring that pretty much every animal makes. :)
I love the pictures of Scott with the tiger. Classic!
Post a Comment