
I love Brandon, and in honor of his 27 years on Earth, here are 27 reasons:
1. He always does the dishes. I know I may have mentioned this before, but it's big for me. I hate repetitive chores, and dishes really grate on my nerves. The fact that I can count on him to take this dreaded task off my hands every night after dinner is so wonderful and puts me in a much better mood.
2. He enjoys smart comedy and comics. Bran has introduced me to lots of funny and smart media, and I'm happier and smarter for it.
3. He lets me put my cold feet on him under the covers.
4. He often goes and gets Scott when he cries in the night.
5. He's always willing to watch Scott when I'm off to perform somewhere or rehearse or teach or attend a Relief Society function (even when it's during his designated World of Warcraft time).
6. He is a great cook, and always makes the mashed potatoes just right. Mmmmmm
7. He is a good singer, and sings with me even when I'm being my bossy-voice-teacher self. He always supports me in my Ward Choir duties.
8. He is a worthy Priesthood holder. This is something I treasure.
9. He gives me good hugs. I like them.
10. He is a great writer. Just check out his blog, if you don't believe me. And hey, he gets paid to write. How many of us can say we get paid to do what we love and we're good at?
11. He is an awesome father. Scott absolutely loves him, and can't wait to follow him around every morning. Scott cries when we have to leave Dad at work.
12. Brandon is a good listener, for the most part. He lets me spill my emotions and validates me in however I'm feeling.
13. It's fun to play games with him--he gets competitive. :)
14. He is handsome, tall, and sunburned at the moment, but usually nice darker skin.
15. He always takes the garbages out as soon as I ask him. Every girl knows what a great help that is.
16. He likes to talk with me and have conversations about film and TV plots. I'm glad he shares his LOST theories with me before anyone else gets to hear them.
17. He doesn't think I'm crazy when we also have these same deep conversations about Backyardigans episodes.
18. He works hard for our family and does a good job. His coworkers like him and the magazines he contributes to look great.
19. He'll always share with me what he finds so funny as he's reading the comics, something online, or watching TV. It's got to get a little annioying, but he always shares with me. :)
20. He's a good teacher to the 14-year-olds at church. They are a hard crew to keep interested, and he somehow manages it.
21. He gives me a foot- or back-massage whenever I ask. Now that is a boon indeed.
22. At restaurants, he always orders a different dish than I do so I can try his.
23. He still opens the car door for me. :)
24. He scrimped and saved to buy me a new wedding ring, even after I lost the first beautiful one he scrimped and saved to buy.
25. He danced with me on our wedding day, even though he didn't really want to. He knew I really wanted to, so he did it. I have a feeling there are lots of things like this in his life. :)
26. He taught me how to drive stick shift and leaves me in care of his favorite vehicle (The Dash) everyday.
27. He married me nearly 4 years ago in the Salt Lake Temple for time and all eternity, and stands with me through all our ups and downs.
I love you, Brandon. I hope you have a great day!




3 comments:
Awwwwww. That was SO sweet. Love you both! xoxoxoxoxoxo
That was a fabulous Birthday Tribute; good job!
I think #24 was particularly sweet.
Post a Comment