Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Eighteen months of Scott

I tried to do a photo shoot with Scott when he turned 1.5--not so easy, I learned. Below are the best shots I got, and I'm not particularly fond of any of them. I may just cave and take him to JC Penney's again.
















As you can see, Scott loves balls (bah). Some of his other favorite things (and his word for them):
  • rocks (waks)
  • Nursery (hooray!--that's what Bran and I say, anyway :)
  • Sadie (day-dee), our 12-year-old neighbor who sometimes watches him while I teach voice lessons
  • Backyardigans (he constantly brings me the remote, then goes and sits on the couch)
  • books (boo)
  • Curious George (jeeooo)
  • jungle blankie
  • birds (buhw)
  • nursing (may-mee) My goal was to breastfeed until at least 18 months. We're there and Scott shows no signs of wanting to stop in the least, so we'll keep going. I've been gently weaning for a long time, and we'll probably take awhile longer to be completely done. It's working great for us.
  • sweeping with brooms with Mom (bwoom) When he gets out the brooms IT IS SWEEPING TIME. No matter what else I'm doing, I have to stop and sweep with him or he has a meltdown. He's quite insistent about his broom time. At least the floors stay clean. :)
  • more food (mow) He says this like a Black kid from Chicago. It's so funny.
  • brushing teeth (tee! tee!) with Spiderman (mya-man) toothbrush and paste. I don't know how he knows it's Spiderman. He's never seen the show or anything.
  • coloring pictures
  • pictures of Mom (mama), Dad (dada), and Scott (dot)
  • other kids and babies (baby)
  • shoes (doos!)
  • lions, tigers, and bears (waaaaaaw [roaring noise])
  • snacks and meals (mmmmms)
  • bibs (bibby)
  • opening the fridge and removing anything he can get his hands on (no no no!). He says that anytime he's doing something he knows is wrong. Saves us the trouble, I guess :)
  • climbing in the computer swivel chair and spinning (wheee! wheee! wheee!)
  • Grandma (nay-nay) and Grandpa (bampa) Johnson's house
We sure wish we could see the Barrus family more often, but he loves visiting you guys! I know he'll have a great time this weekend. Wish I could be there, too!

We love you, Scott. We love to watch you grow and become your own person. Thanks for joining our family!

6 comments:

*Aliese* said...

What a cutie! I love his spikey hair; it makes him look so grown up. It also still cracks me up that he loves to sweep. I guess there are worse things for a kid to be obsessed with.

Steph said...

Sounds like he's doing great. Eden has a hard time holding still for pictures, too, but a studio is worse. I still think you got some great shots1

Jessie said...

I love the ones with the balls, he is so cute! So much character, too. I love that about the candid photos.

Dave and Sharon Barrus said...

I like the one where he's looking over his shoulder. I can't believe how BIG he's getting! He looks like he's three! He has been very quiet this visit. No crying except about 3 minutes in the crib. I put him down asleep but he woke up. I think he was too tired to even notice he wasn't in his own bed! Running around with Uncle Micah and Uncle Jonathan really wore him out! Thanks for sending him down so we could enjoy him :)

Brooke said...

How cute! I love all his words and talking. Jack is trying to talk, but not very many comprehensible words are coming out. It will come in time I know.

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

I think those pics turned out great-photographing toddlers is impossible!! What a cute boy!