Thurs, Jan. 22: Brandon interviewed with Harris Publishing in Idaho Falls. It goes well, and they tell him they'll let him know on Monday.
Fri, Jan. 23: Harris Publishing emails Brandon early and tells him he got the job. Hooray!
Sat, Jan. 24: We stay at the Barrus' in West Jordan and I fly to Phoenix to audition at ASU for the Master's of Music program. It goes really well, but I won't know the results until mid-March.
Mon, Jan. 26: Brandon and I try to figure out a babysitting schedule for Scott. Bran usually watches him in the afternoons while I give voice lessons at BYU-I, but with his new 8-5 job and commuting to an from Idaho Falls, that wouldn't work too well. We schedule a couple of families from the ward to watch Scott.
Tues, Jan. 27: Brandon's first day of work. See his post below for his experience.
Wed, Jan. 28: There is so much snow in our apartment complex parking lot that I can't even get the stroller out onto the road. I can't get Scott to his babysitter and I have to reschedule my lessons for that day.
Thurs, Jan. 29: Scott nearly catches frostbite as I stroll him to the babysitters, and he cries for a full two hours while there. We decide to move to Idaho Falls as soon as possible so that my mom can watch Scott (one of only a few people Scott doesn't cry for). Our apartment search begins.
Fri, Jan. 30: We find a nice two-bedroom condo with garage and patio for not much more per month than what we paid in Rexburg. My mom and dad come and watch Scott all day while I catch up on teaching and they pack a truckload of stuff to the new place.
Sat, Jan. 31: We officially move to Idaho Falls. Thanks to all of my family for their huge helping effort. Our new address is 530 Vassar Way, Idaho Falls, ID 83402. We are close enough to downtown IF and Brandon's office that it's just a short busride away for Brandon. I commute to Rexburg while my mom watches Scott. This will be my last semester teaching at BYU-I; I'll have a private home studio from then on (check out my website at www.barrusstudiovoice.weebly.com).
We are still unpacking, but I promise pictures will be forthcoming.




1 comment:
Wow, what a quick change... good for you guys, though!
Post a Comment