Thursday, October 23, 2008

Beaten to the punch!


So, Brandon totally took my anniversary idea. He sneakily commandeered the computer during his classes yesterday, so I wouldn't see the blog too soon.  What a sweetheart.  Don't I have a great husband? I certainly love him. I'm so grateful for his solidarity in all we've been through.  

Brandon is also an extraordinary father, something I knew would be true only a couple of months after I met him.  All I had to do was watch him with his little brothers (then ages 2 and 6), and I knew he was the man for me.  Scott absolutely loves his dad, just in a different way from me.  I'll always remember what happened right after Scott was born--he came out blue and wasn't breathing well, so after I held him for a second they took Scott to the table to resusitate him.  Scott let us all know he was breathing by wailing at the top of his lungs, but as soon as Brandon came over and called him by his name, he was comforted. Scott knew his father's voice!  If ever Scott was extra fussy in those first few months, Brandon was the one who could calm him.  

I love the fact that Brandon and I, while not opposites, definitely are not identical.  We complement eachother. Brandon helps me to be spontaneous and enjoy the finer things in life, to play more and relax.  I help him to be responsible and do his homework :) (hooray, only 7 weeks until graduation!).  I admire how far he's come and how hard he's worked to achieve this.  This is the first semester he hasn't worked nearly full time while attending school.  Even with 19 credits and many upper-level courses, he still strings for the local newspaper on the weekends, not to mention watching Scott for 3-6 hours a day while I give voice lessons.  Brandon is dedicated to our family, and he works hard to provide for us.  I am excited for our future!

I love you, Brandon.  You are always quick to serve me, and you treat me like a princess.  I couldn't imagine eternity without you and our little Scott.  Happy 3rd anniversary, sweetheart, and here's to many more!

3 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Oh, you guys are so sweet to one another! I love it!

Jessie said...

You guys are so cute with each other. Scott is one lucky kid to have parents who really love each other.

Brooke said...

Love love love all around. I love hearing this mushy stuff with couples. :)