1. Every day Scott becomes more mobile. He currently Army-crawls and rolls his way into some great adventures. Just this morning I took this picture of him:

He started in the middle of the room on his stomach, away from anything dangerous and with plenty of toys to keep him company, and I returned to find him pushed up against the entertainment center trying to chew his father's Xbox cords. He looked up at me and cried because he was stuck and couldn't squirm anywhere else. We realized later that he'd also somehow managed to turn on the Xbox. It's time to babyproof!
2. Scott always gives me a huge smile when I come to get him out of his crib. Even if he's only taken a 30 minute nap (a common occurance), his mischeivous grin and kicking legs make up for it.
3. Scott is enthralled by the world around him, especially the outdoors. He loves walks with Grandma, feeling leaves, touching flowers ever so gently, and looking at ducks and dogs. He is calmest and most observant when outside--he's our little Nature Boy.
4. I've never seen a baby love his bath as dearly as Scott. At the sound of the running water he begins anticipating the bare skin and warm water. He splashes and coos, and lately, I've helped him sit up in the water, where he is drawn to the drain and faucet.
5. Scott loves his food--whether it's nursing, taking a bottle, a cup, a spoon, or even the occasional table scrap from Mom or Dad, it is met with gusto and quickly slurped down! He particularly enjoys carrots, but I doubt there is anything Scott dislikes. Now that he has two daily feedings of solid food, he seems so grown-up.
6. I love how Scott explores my face with his hand when we nurse; he gently sweeps his fingers through my hair or touches my chin, mouth, and nose as if trying to blindly memorize my facial features. It is very endearing.
Nursing was such a struggle to begin with and for a good month or two into Scott's life, but I am immensely grateful we stuck with it. Thanks to all the support you gave us (from my mom, mother-in-law, the hospital nurses and lactation consultants, and my local chapter of La Leche League), we now have a wonderful and fulfilling nursing relationship and couldn't be happier (well...I could do without the bites from Scott's two sharp little teeth!).
We love you, Scott. You are growing up so fast! We can't wait to see what another half year will bring.




2 comments:
So sweet. Happy half birthday, Scott!
Oh, and I totally relate to the thing about him getting himself stuck in random places--Janey does the same thing all the time. But it's fun that they can move, don't you think?
Awww...my little Scott is 6 months old! Holy cow! I remember the first week he was born. He's just as adorable as ever. I heart him.
Post a Comment