Saturday, April 3, 2010

Snowy Conference Saturday project

So it snowed again last night. Blech. That's two major storms we've had since the beginning of April. Previous to this, the weather was starting to get so nice that I wondered if it might be too late to make wool longies for Scott. But no. No, it's not too late. I live in the Frozen Wasteland, after all. :)

So I decided to change this:


into this:


with the help of this tutorial.


I have to say, I think mine turned out a little cuter than her boys' pair. And I have NO formal sewing training whatsoever, completely self-taught through trial and error and asking my mom for help sometimes. :) So what I'm saying is, if I can sew this project in one afternoon without any help and it turns out cute, YOU definitely can! :)

UPDATE: I just made another pair!

From this:

To this:


Next, I'm going to try some wool diaper covers for the new baby out of the leftover wool. That looks a little more involved, so I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Very cute! And I love that you're sewing now, too, with no training. Sounds all too familiar. Way to go!

*Aliese* said...

Those are adorable. Good job with no formal training! I absolutely LOVE the red ones.