Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Lately

A picture Scott took of himself, all by himself.
Scott and Dad playing Zelda. Scott enjoys all the "doins" (doors) that Link goes through in this game. :)



Lately I've been singing to Scott at bedtime while laying in his big boy bed with him, hoping that he'll want to stay there for the rest of the night (it's worked once so far!!). "I am a Child of God" is our go-to song, one that I've been singing to him since he was born. Lately, I'll stop singing a phrase before the last word, and he'll say it (his version of it, anyway) or whisper it in a sweet little hoarse whisper. It really touches my heart, and I'm happy to know that my rambunctious little boy is actually picking up on some of the calmer, more tender things we try to share with him.


1 comment:

Dave and Sharon Barrus said...

Awwww.... My favorite "I Am A Child of God" story is when Brandon used to sing, "Has given me an earthly home, with parents kind of dear." Hee hee.