Thursday, August 13, 2009

California Dreamin'

I've been meaning to blog about our California trip, but we just did so much! Here it is, finally.

Brandon, Scott, Brooke, Eric, Jack, and I drove to San Fransisco area and stayed with Eric's uncle.




It was a long drive, but really not too bad, especially considering we had two toddlers.

The Oakland Temple Visitor's Center had a display of Book of Mormon paintings by Arnold Friberg.





We had fun and learned a lot about the paintings, but those little boys could not hold still!



Crazy!

In San Fransisco, we played at the park,







chased pigeons,


and rode the carousel.



Then we travelled up to Pismo Beach for the Barrus Family Reunion.

This was our suite at Oxford. In the other room was another TV, kitchenette with microwave, table & chairs, and large sectional that had a fold-out mattress.


Pool area at Oxford Suites.

Thanks again to Sharon for helping us get such a great deal.



Beautiful Pismo Beach, CA.

Down at the water line.

The Barrus brothers and sisters all had to wear these hats. Scott got to break one in.

It was pretty windy, heh heh.


Scott was a little afraid of the waves,

but he LOVED the sand.



Pondering.

Brandon preserving memories for the future.

These studly men (Eric and Brandon) went out really far into the huge breakers. Brandon was out so far he even saw a sea otter.

Creepy, creepy painting that was in a bakery in Pismo Beach. There were a lot of other local artists' paintings there that were perfectly fine. And then there was this one. Jibbly.

We had lots of nice activities with the family, and then all too soon it was time to head back home.

Curious George came, too.

This time the trip seemed much longer :(

But at least I had Backyardigans on my iPod to keep Scott occupied and everyone else sane.

THE END

1 comment:

*Aliese* said...

Fun trip! I love California and miss it every time I see people blog about their vacations. The place you stayed looks incredible! I love pretty hotels.