An addendum to that last post by Mandi, where she briefly notes that we almost died getting her electric piano.I would just like to say that our Garmin GPS device thingy was a lifesaver that night. Mandi and I are both extremely directionally-challenged (Mandi is more in denial about her condition than I am), and anytime we need to find somewhere new it takes us an inordinate amount of time to arrive at the correct destination. It really is sad.
That's essentially what we were up against that Sunday night a couple weeks ago... trying to get from Provo to a place in Logan and then continue on to Idaho Falls using a route we'd never driven IN THE BLIZZARDING SNOW OF DOOM.
The entire trip took about two hours longer than it should have, but without the Garmin, I think we'd still be lost. When visibility is about 20 feet, it's helpful to know that you need to turn left in half a mile. On a dark, snowy night, in a part of town that has almost no streetlights and reading street signs is nearly impossible without getting out of the car, Garminta's calm and slightly authoritative voice guided us every step of the way.
Sure, Garminta is kind of dumb when it comes to the location of gas stations and fast food, but that's a small dent in her shining armor of safe travel insurance.
So thanks, Mom, for the great present. It is serving us well.




3 comments:
You're welcome! Glad it came in handy! "Garminta". That's funny!
Oh Garminta. I heart you. You led my family through the evil streets of Houston, Texas. Bless you, Garminta.
Post a Comment