I am flying to Phoenix for my first graduate audition this weekend. I can't wait to get on the ASU campus and see if it's the right place for us. I am also nervous because this will be the first time in my 23 years that I have flown and navigated a large city on my own. It will be exciting!
Teaching is going well this semester--my students are all so sweet and talented. It's very rewarding teaching them. I was also cast as Cherubino in a scene from Marriage of Figaro that Opera Scenes will be staging in March, so that's going to keep me busy.
Brandon is working 30 hours a week at Western Wats, a phone survey place here in Rexburg. He works "day shop" calling businesses that want to participate in surveys, so it's not as bad a job as it might sound. :) He is very good at it and can make decent money (for an hourly job in a tiny town). Bran is also stringing for the Post Register and just had another story published yesterday. We are job searching and would appreciate your prayers as he tries to get hired in this chancy economy.
Scott is nearly walking--as soon as he figures out that he can stand on his own, I'm sure walking won't be far behind. Right now we hold him up to stand but he has a hard time balancing because he only wants to jump, jump, jump! He is an energetic and talkative baby, and we sure love him. It's hard to believe he's already 10 months old--his 1st birthday keeps getting closer and closer!
We finally made some decisions about our future here in the Frozen Wasteland: April 15, 2009 will be our last day. Our apartment contract is up, the semester will be over, and we will have decided by then what graduate program I'll be attending, so we'll fly the coop. We could stay in Rexburg until August when I start school, but we'd rather not move twice this year, if we can help it. We are excited and nervous to move to a new state and to have new jobs, new friends, and a new, warmer climate--hooray!




2 comments:
Oh, I don't blame you for not wanting to move twice! Moving is quite the ordeal. ASU has an AWESOME campus; I totally wanted to go there for awhile. Good luck with everything that's going on in your life. :)
Wow, good luck with all the changes in your life. We are excited for you. We will keep you in our prayers. Miss you lots!
Post a Comment